[DL] RE:Need help with munchkin player

>Ok I'm back again.  I need some help, I have a player who is playing a
>Hexslinger/ Texas ranger and he keeps asking me several questions which are
>beginning to set my teeth on edge.

This is so easy it isn't even funny.  Munchkins are easy to take out in
deadlands more than any other system I've played

>1. Loaded for Bear: a.
Good things to remember is that it counts every two hands to raise it one
die type.  Second the kick from a rifle or pistol paking that kind of wallop
is going to throw him on is butt right quick.  If he fires more than one
shot per round use the recoil rules for automatics and make him start taking
wind for everything above d12s.

1b. Sure it would work with a cannon but there are some things to remember
with cannons, 1, they are expensive, 2, as someone said the transport issues
can be hassel enough in itself, and 3. people will start asking where you
got it and what you intend to do with it. and finally 4. don't let him learn
artillery.  if he doesn't have the skill making that 11 to hit even with
canister shot on a default roll is pretty hard.  just deny him the right to
pick up the skill for a while and hit him with the transport, cost and
trouble issues until he gives it up or blows himself up with a misplaced
shot.  There are some other things you should remember, the cannon takes
forever to load combat wise, if he is the only person manning it, it takes
forever to shoot as well, you can't hit anything that isn't the size of
texas anyway and it isn't very good for taking out single people.  Also if
he does keep it, penalize him for not reapiring, cleaning and maintaining
it, drop the malfunction number a LOT>>Hope that covers the cannon issue.

2. Load em Up:  Don't remember this spell....oh that's right the stupid
reload trick, I'll leave this one alone but I'd say it does a reload the
natural way, by removeing the shells magicly and replaceing them with real
or created bullets, a la ammo whammy.

>3. Shoot or Recruit Oath.  the question is; does The Oath pertain to ALL
hucksters and harrowed
Any way you want to run it.  If he kills them have the main office get mad
at him, if he doesn't kill them have the main office get mad at him every
time they fail a tale tellin roll.  either way he gets yelled at and
reassigned to border duty on the mexican front or somewhere equally
unpleasant.

Finally your munchkin made one fatal mistake, he played a hexslinger.  If he
isn't focus dependant, make him so.  then take away his guns by knocking him
unconsious and sticking him in a dark room.  then destroy the guns.  He'll
spend weeks looking for another, and if it is something special like a
bullard express, and what self respecting muchkin wouldn't have one, simply
make it so that all the shops he tries are totally out of that gun..they may
not have anything in that caliber even...penalties here we come.

Next Backlash...never let him reshuffle until he gets some.  then get the
advanced 52 card backlash table, it works great and has some really neat
effects.  This being done pull the backlash in secret and don't tell him the
results unless it is something like filling his stomache with grave dirt.
if he gets abuse with his spells I would recomend useing the backlash result
that increases his backlash results by +2 evey time and just ignore the pull
until he gets really screwed some time.  Never let him get harrowed, if he
dies or looks like hes going to get possesed recomend to the other party
members that they put a bullet between his eyes because "That's what he
would have wanted...."

Ron "Hopin to be as bad Goff" Conner