[DL] Civil War Fantastic

A while back, someone on the list mentioned that an anthology entitled Civil
War Fantastic was due out. I recently found a copy, and for DL players it's
a worthwhile read.

Like most anthologies, it's something of a mixed bag, but there are several
stories that definitely have a Deadlands feel to them, particularly Across
Hickman's Bridge To Home by R. Davis and The Last Full Measure by David
Bischoff. Each involves the walking dead, although in very different roles,
and are nicely atmospheric. My favorite, though, has to be Loose Upon The
Earth A Daemon by Tim Waggoner, which wonderfully combines the Frankenstein
mythos with the Civil War. For me, that story alone made the book worth
buying.

- Sean