Re: [DL] Jay Treat is a Genius

In a message dated 7/18/00 7:51:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Pat.Phalen@infores.com writes:

<< I just wanted to share an old Marshalling trick with you from the brilliant
 mind of Jay E. Treat III

 Y'all know how difficult it is to find the correct die (or handful of dice)
 when playing/running the game.

 Two words: Different Color Dice!
 When you first hear this it sounds silly (It took me over a year to buy into
 this idea), but think about it.  Need a couple of d10s, grab the black ones;
 d12s, purple, etc.

 TRUST me, it works like a charm!

 Patrick >>

Another trick Patrick and I observed at Origins that we thought pretty
observant, a simple mnemonic to remember card suit order - it's reverse
alphabetical order.  A lot of you probably figured that out already, but
Patrick and I found it a revelation (rather than simply remembering it from
years of playing cards).

Scott "Not as ingenious as Treat's trick tho" Mickelson