RE: [DL] Minis and such

>Now that's for cowards. Me, I use a Dremel multitool to remove the base,
and then >glue the figure onto a slotted base (you can buy like 20 for $2),
then fill the >slot. It _is_ a lot of work, but it looks great once you
finish it. Besides, >Dremels are great. Everyone should have at least one.

That's fine if you *want* everything on a slotta base.  For some historical
games, you "base" 2-4 figures per "stand" and I ain't never seen a slotta
base that could accommodate this.
My GRW minis are on 1.5 inch (~40 mm) washers.  The nice thing about metal
bases is that you can store and transport minis upright on magnetic strips.
No more cramming crap in between pices of foam rubber.  I have a bunch of
5.25" External Disk Drive boxes that work great for this.

And, yes, I *have* dremeled slots into the bottom of Fantasy miniatures to
match my GW minis...
The scarier thing is that I have *actually* had to use the Dremel as a
Household tool!

Patrick