RE: [DL] Heavy Mathematical Answer to Dirk's Question - Long, too.

>Yeah, but can you prove it mathematically?  Or write the formula that will
>capture the situation generically?  I bet you used a computer.....

I prefer to calculate averages based upon probabilities than series, so it
would be more like P(1)*1 + P(2)*2 + ... +P(N)*N

Where P(i) = probability of rolling the number on the appropriate number of
dice (minus busts of course), which I do a really kludgy way involving
binomial distributions, manually generating results tables, a Ouija Board
and a Tarot Deck...

Patrick