[DL] Card-based Initiative

Munchkins be damned in any event.

I LOVE the cards and chips aspect of the game!  Moreso than the 'zillions
of dice' aspect, to be sure (the dice are fun, but man, do you need a lot
of 'em, and man, do they take up tablespace!).

It feels Western, and I particularly LOVE the fact that, once number of
actions are determined, sequence of actions is another thing entirely (and
the cards as placeholders works so well for that - I've never played 7th
Sea, and based on their mangling of a favourite historical period of mine,
likely never will - but having to either write things down like that (slows
it up!) or keep that many more dice lying around (which may get knocked
over, or needed to actually roll something in the event of dice shortages).
 It means you're never going to be entirely sure of ourself.

One of our players (hi Jason if you've joined the list yet!) consistently
gets 3-4 Action cards, and they are consistently deuces through about
fives.  I think he's ready to murder someone over it after a few sessions
of this.

And no, as far as I cna tell, neither Daphne nor Daniel is stacking the
deck against him...  <g>

Ross