[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20000727-1

Chris Anniballi said,

> 3. Mechwarrior - one word, 'ick'

    You don't know Ick till you've played MW 3rd edition... Now that's ripe.

   > Moon Dragon

Is that the insane 3d dragon flight game? It looked kinda cool...

coburn (no name, just ripped it from the email) said

> (Seriously, while I dislike them, I don't think that everyone who
> likes/plays with them are munchkins, so just flame off, OK?  I'm just
> yankin' some chains...)

    well, some are... The hucksters who start with 5D12 in soul blast, etc.
But properly played- high gambling and sleight of hand, for starters, and
more utility hexes such as forget, private eye, earshot, hex sense, any
combination of the words corporeal, mind, twist and tweak, in other words a
proper gamber character with hexin' powers, is a lot of fun to play. Now, I
also have 5D12 Soul Blast, it's not my fault, it was impossible to get it
any lower. However, I had to get it as at that point we were facing an ITB
spirit, and the hexslinger miserably failed to learn argent agony, and
either the bugger would keep on possessing folks then attacking  us, or I
learned Soul Blast. Easy choice.
    However, I know that most of the time it's barely better than a pistol
shout, and the risks are far higher, and so in everyday use Christian will
pull his Peacemaker or derringer instead, and just accept his fairly weak
combat skills.

AndrewC