RE: [DL] Combat streamlining

At 07:02 AM 7/28/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>How is it less dice rolling?
>Each time a PC gets wounded, you have to check for stun, and then check for
>recovery each action?

Well, or one thing, it eliminates the players having to roll Wind on each
hit, since there are more players than there are Marshals, that cuts down
the number of people making 'extra' rolls, esp. as players are more likely
to spend chips to duck damage, and thus avoid the Stun check more often.

Also, a Stun check can be done at any time before that individual's next
action, really, (which doesn't mean that I advocate stalling it, just that
as a result it is something the player can take care of on their own (I
trumt my gang), thus letting things move on a little faster.

As for Recovery checks, well, if you've failed your Stun check, it takes a
whole action to make it, so making one roll is certainly faster than a
whole combat sequence, no?  <evil g>

Ross