Re: [DL] Posse Fate Chips

| Thanks much, but I need to clarify something.  You
| said "Players Guide," so I'm assuming this is the
| revised, new book.  Do you know if this same paragraph
| is found in "Quick and the Dead" as well, since we use
| the original rules?

There's no specific restriction in the original rules, however, it is not
specifically *allowed*, either.  To wit:

(from Deadlands: The Weird West Role-Playing Game, page 110, under "Calling
On Fate":

"A character can use his Fate Chips in any one of 3 ways: to improve Trait
and Aptitude checks, to save his skin by canceling wounds, and to trade
them for bounty points."

Since chipping damage rolls is *not* one of the three uses mentioned, it
can't be done.  IIRC, Shane's commented on this, as well.

B. D. Flory

"There are four types of homicide: felonious, culpable, justifiable, and
praiseworthy."
                                                   -Oscar Wilde