Re: [DL] lucky players and amazing rolls

--- Martha Frey <natasha_corey@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- travis lide <sinisterdexter@mindspring.com> wrote:
> > I know people say the whole 'player mojo' thing is
> > BS, but I have also been
> > witness to it in gratuitous amounts. My girlfriend
> > regularly rolls higher
> > than a 25-30 at least once during a single session.
> > This is prior to chips
> > being spent.
> >
> > Hell, even John Goff got to see her do it at Origins
> > during our
> > Deadlands:Doomtown game. It was uncanny.
>
> Just a thought:  maybe it's a "chic" thing?  No
> seriously, I keep hearing this is much more common
> with women.  Any guesses why?  And I don't want to
> hear about "well girls can get away with cheating".  I
> find that as insulting as it is illogical.
>
> Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen

Umberto Eco poses a unique theory as to why women are better at certain
games of chance in his book "Foucault's Pendulum."  Of course his
example is pinball, but the idea holds true.  If you've read the book
you should know what I'm talking about and if you haven't, well, why
the heck not???

-B

=====