[DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20000729-1

Travis said,

> Out of curiosity, have you ever seen anyone stop drawing their poker hand
if
> they're an Old Hand? I never have. Seems like a pretty useless advantage
> me. I mean, if you draw the Black Joker, you're going take backlash
anyway,
> so finish the pull. If you have two pair, a single card or Red Joker could
> give you a full house, etc.. It's been my experience that greed kicks in
way
> before caring about backlash does.. Just wondering if you've seen the same
> thing.

    Nope ;) There's a lot of times I hold on for the higher hand, but a lot
that I don't... For instance, I'm using Private Eye, and all I need is a
pair, anything else is just overkill, so once that pair comes up I stop. 2
pair on a soul blast is also a good place to stop, 4D8 should make a decent
dent in most things and the chances of going full house aren't particularily
high. I'm now so used to Bad Things Happening that I'll stop on a decent
result (but then, my character backlashes on either joker with a plus on the
backlash roll, so I've got reasons to be fearful)

AndrewC