Re: [DL] The End of Rufus Abelard (rather long as well, I'm afraid)

Oops. Apparently I'm not as infallible as I thought I was. *g*

>     -In the stable, Monroe heard someone listening whom he presumed with the
> widow and made a comment that she should sit tight.

Oh, right. Momentary slip. Victoria was probably too busy flirting with the
poor private who was there to notice. :-) Sorry.

>     -After the posse sold the horses, they went to town buying a range of
> equipment including four sticks o' dynamite.

I *did* mention that, though I didn't specifically bring up the dynamite
(*sigh* at least we don't have a trigger-happy Russian anarchist in our
group anymore).

>     -As the cattle and soldiers were loading, Monroe made a wry observation
> to the effect that there was not all that much difference between the two.

How could I forget? Bad me. *g*

>     -During the planning session, after the Marshall had suggested that he
> would simply knock on the door and say "Open up in the name of the law."
> Monroe had recommended that perhaps the Marshall should re-phrase that
> sentence.  Marshall agreed with this observation and merely knocked and said
> "This is the law."  Not that it made much of a difference.

Beg to differ. I noted that he did in fact say "Open up," despite Monroe's
recommendation, since we'd made the joke earlier. Nitpicking here, though,
don't mind me.

>     -Rufus shot Blanton, then Blanton shot Rufus in the right arm causing
> him to drop his Merwin-Hulbert, only to then draw his other M-W and
> attempted to plug Monroe in the head.

There you have it, folks. I *was* a bit fuzzy on the exact sequence of
action there. Goes to show that two memories are better than one.

Thanks for the clarifications, Daniel.

G'night all!

Daphné
--
 "I've really got to learn to just do the damage and get out of town. It's
the 'stay and gloat' that gets me every time."