Re: [DL] Yet another Los Diablo question... Unique Diablos [Spoiler]

--- Ghoull@aol.com wrote:
> Daylight Time,
> r_a_c_@hotmail.com writes:
>
> << SPOILER!!!

> >> Anyhow, here it is...  If a Female Hero (A
> Heroine?) gets wasted by a
>  Diablo, does she become a Los Diablo Cow, rather
> than a Los Diablo Bull?<<

Note the description of Los Diablos never mentions
gender.  They could be all cows if you want.

>      Interesting idea. I don't see any reason why
> not.

Well, I could think of several reasons why not.

First, these are spirits who temporarily take physical
form.  Although it's not stated, it can be assumed
that after they finished fighting they fade away, same
if they're captured.  They won't be around long enough
for anyone to milk them, but then this is an
assumption.

Second, again they are not living, nor do they
reproduce as living creatures do.  Physiologically
they have no reason to develop milk.

Third, I'm more of a city type than a country type.
Are Texas Longhorns considered dairy cows?

The Devil's Advocate in me says though that the
Reckoners can effectively do anything they want.  If
they want a cultist to milk a Los Diablos, then they
will find a way ...

>  And, if so, what would the effect of drinking her
> milk have? >>

Ghoull has an interesting idea, but I'm not sure I
fully support it.  This is pure liquid evil and will
mostly likely have an effect similar to Time Bandits.
Any living creature that drinks it dies instantly,
exploding into a ball of flames that vaporizes the
person.  No saving roll, no becoming harrowed, the
soul now belongs to the Devil's Own Herd.  Any
harrowed who drinks it is not much better off.  This
is the Reckoner's Nectar, and will help the harrowed's
manitou and not the harrowed.  The manitou immediately
becomes a greater manitou with 5d12+2 spirit and gains
all dominion points.  Any other pure abomination who
drinks this liquid will be similarly 'blessed'.

For some odd reason this thread made me think about
the Hanging Judges and how each one has been
personalized, or even of the greater manitou
discussion from a while back.  Has anyone thought of
making personalized Los Diablos, after all they were
all unique heroes.

A few ideas:

Inanna - The oldest of all the Los Diablos.  She has
been around since the dawn of time and has claimed
some of the most famous of heroes.  Inanna appears as
a bright red beast, and can take the form of any type
of bovine (Texas Longhorn, Bison, Water Buffalo,
Minotaur, etc).  She also will appear as a beautiful
women dressed in red, but only to her chosen victim,
and then only on nights in which he passes his guts
check.  Her victim will only get a glimpse of her
before she fades away.  Inanna is also one of the
fussiest of Los Diablos and will only target victims
who have a Renown of 5.

Corporeal: D:1d4 N:2d10 S:3d12+10 Q:2d12 V:2d12+2
Fightin': Brawlin' 4d10, sneak 3d10, swimmin' 4d10

Mental: C:3d10, K:3d6, M:4d10, Sm:4d6, Sp:3d8
Scrutinize: 2d10, overawe 5d10

Size 8
Terror 11

Special Abilities:
Armor 2
Horns Str+3d10
Weakness: Inanna is extremely prideful and wants the
glory of the kill all her own.  Her Herd cannot harm
anyone with a Renown of 3 or higher.

The Devil's Shadow - One of the first Pinkertons to
ever be killed by a Los Diablos was Aaron Perkins.
Before that incident he had a successful career with
the agency sneaking around and flushing out
confederate moles.  Now he serves the Reckoners by
eliminating Northern spies.  His appearance is that of
a jet black Longhorn.  Absolutely no light reflects
off him.

All of his stats are the same as a regular Los Diablos
except the following:  He can Shadow Walk at any time
as if he had Three of a Kind.  He has a weakness for
light.  Anytime he is exposed to daylight conditions
he loses one level of armor.

Ferrous - Darell Lutz had been a monster hunter for a
long time.  He was skilled at making the most devious
gadgets and traps to help capture some of the worst
terrors to face the west.  He even thought he was
prepared when he realized the Los Diablos were coming
for him.  He was wrong.  Now know as Ferrous, he is a
shiny, metal gray bull that delights in hunting down
other Mad Scientists.

All of his stats are the same as a regular Los Diablos
except the following:  Whoever is his chosen victim
receives a special type of 'Bollox' curse.  For each
day that the victim succeeds a guts check, all MS
items he touches temporarily loses 1 reliability (so
if it's been 3 days, all MS items he touches lose 3
reliability).  The continues until the 5th day, at
which point the reliability won't get any worse than
-5, or until Ferrous shows up, at which point all MS
items the victim touches get the -5 penalty.
Weakness: All MS devices which strike Ferrous can
ignore 1 level of armor.

Shub Bovinath (Black cow of the prairie with a
thousand calves) - No one knows who this Los Diablos
cow was originally, or whether she still is considered
a Los Diablos.  Something went wrong with her last
selected victim, a voodooist from the Bayou.  After
she slaughter him, his soul did not join the herd as
expected and simply vanished.  Her own herd vanished
as well, but she did not return to the Hunting
Grounds.  She was trapped in the material world, stuck
in a physical form.  She has heard nothing from the
Reckoners since, but still tries to serve them as best
she can.  She has lost her ability to chose victims,
but can still detect when another Los Diablos is about
to strike.  If possible, she will try to join in with
another herd, hoping it will somehow redeem her.  Like
Inanna she can appear as any form of simple bovine,
her only limitation is she cannot appear as a
minotaur, gorgon, or human like Inanna can.  Using
this shape change ability she likes to hide amongst
existing herds.

All of his stats are the same as a regular Los Diablos
except the following:  Shub Bovinath is stuck in
mortal form has the physiology of a cow.  She can and
does bare young (although they are always mutant
abominations), and also give milk.  Anyone drinking
her milk can be affected in any number of ways,
depending on her mood:

Become an abomination (as Ghoull suggested), grow an
abomination inside of them (prairie tick, Texas tummy
twister, canker), become poisoned and die, or develop
a unique new disease.

Weakness: She cannot chose a victim, and is forced to
wander the earth trying to find a way back to the
Hunting Grounds.

So what unique Los Diablos can you all think of?  If
you've noticed the main characteristics I've given
them is: a specific victim type they hunt, a special
ability to compliment this, and a weakness based off
of this.

-Munch Wolf