Re: [DL] Couple of Questions.

Hey all!

>     Another (fictional this time) would be that of Lt Colonel Richard Sharpe
> for Bernard Cornwell's books (yes Daphné I know, I know). Sharpe was a
> British Officer during the Napoleonic wars, whose son fought in the Civil
> war (hence bringing his father's blade (potentially at least) into
> Deadlands.

I bit my tongue, very hard in fact, not to mention Sharpe in my first email.
Seems Daniel has less restraint than I do. *g*

> His sword was a British heavy cavalry sword which was customisd
> for him by his Sergeant.  (Not a sword for finesse but more for hacking.)
> The orgin of the sword is described in "Sharpe's Sword."  The Sharpe books
> are all set in the Napoleonic era, but the author wrote a series of Civil
> War books (the Starbuck Chronicles) which are set in the "same universe" and
> feature Sharpe's son in a minor role.

Which of course is really cool for us hardcore fans.

I thought of another swordsman, which incidentally is the main reason for my
reply (other than a knee-jerk reaction at the name "Sharpe"): Cyranno de
Bergerac. Very much the witty fencer type, if that's what you're looking
for. "Votre pudeur vous empêche-t-elle de contempler ma lame nue?"

*keeps looking for swordsmen*

Daphné
--
"That's the kind of woolly-headed, liberal thinking that leads to
being eaten."