Re: [DL] Great pictures of firearms...

At 01:27 PM 8/7/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>If you haven't been to this site yet then I HIGHLY recommend it.  There are
>some absolutely BEAUTIFUL pictures of Old Western firearms!!
>
>http://www.geocities.com/weirdwest_2000/firearms.html
>
>It's well worth the wait for viewing!!

Oh, thanks.  That one's mine.  I try to find nice and interesting pictures.
 I plan on adding the Merwin & Hulberts soon, and a few others.

After all, shootin' irons are one of the pillars of the game, and I like to
be able to show my players (and anyone else interested) what they're
using/dealing with.

As an aside, I was readint an interesting article ont he cartridge
coversion of the (C&B) Remington NMA series.  It seems that, rather than
adding a firing pin to the hammer, apparently for patent reasons they
instead made up a sort of rear cover for the cylinder that included six
sprung firing pins.  If i get near a scanner, I'll do so and post it.