Re: [DL] DEPUTY! I'm calling you out!

Bryce wrote:

> I certainly hope it's OK.  My FLGS has the starter packs in, but before
> I buy one, I'd like to know a *bit* more about it.  For starters, what
> is it?

Well,

It uses the basic Disk Wars premise along with some additional mechanics
to basically do a miniatures game without the miniatures.  It uses no
dice, but instead coin-like disks that you flip.

You pick up the starter box for the faction you want and get a number of
disks and terrain features.

The game play is pretty cool.  The only thing I don't like is the
distribution of disks.  DanOz and I have four boxes between us, and we
still don't have all of our factions.  He got really screwed in his
distributions, getting two huge pieces of mining equipment and nothing
overly useful.

He's got Sweetrock and Morgan Cattle Company right now, and I have the
Blackjacks and Beauford's Rebels.  My rebels are pretty well set right
now, and the Blackjacks ain't bad.

I am thinking about picking up the last set at the Game Place - the
Wretched - because I got a number of them in my sets...

SeanMike

--
SeanMike Whipkey - Damnit.  Where's my witty repartee?
"Ow! Ow! Ow!  I had to go after mutants, didn't I?  I couldn't just