RE: [DL] scenarios (OT)

>I think I can understand what the original poster meant when he described
>CoC as a difficult game to run.  The rules are almost secondary to a CoC
>game; the story's the thing.

Once again, this argument applies to *any* RPG...

The first rule of GMing: Never let the rules get in the way of telling a
good story...

When we demo games for PEG at cons we are told NOT to waste time explaining
the rules, rather to get the players immersed into the setting and scenario
as quickly as possible.  To quote a fellow demo-er "If you think your
character has some sort of relevant skill that will let you do something,
point it out and we'll give it a shot.  If not, let me know and we'll figure
*something* out"

Patrick