Re: [DL] GRW-related question

Ross asks:

> [in GRW] what minis are included?

You get a set of PEG's Scouts/Gunmen and Gunmen/Scouts - peculiar naming
convention, but each set has five unique castings of a typical GRW Gunman
Posse.  You get two riflemen, two pistol men, and one guy sporting a shotgun
in each posse.  You also get one Huckster, one Gunslinger, and a posse of
Walkin' Dead.  All these are the same as the standard minis PEG used to sell
and promises to sell again real soon now.

The retail price of the minis is alone almost equal to the retail price of
GRW.  In addition to the minis, you get four cardboard buildings, templates
for playing GRW, the (now outdated) rule book and army lists, a bunch of
dice, and other stuff that I am probably forgetting.  If you're interested
in GRW, the box is a deal.

I'm unclear about your question, though.  I don't know if you're interested
in buying GRW simply to get the minis for your roleplay game, or if you are
contemplating buying GRW to play GRW.  The big orange box was my personal
litmus test - I told myself that if I paint these seventeen minis, then I
can consider myself back "in" on the miniatures gaming front.  I am, by
golly, back in.

> Are they the same scale as the other Deadlands minis

Yep, all part of the same summer of insanity.

Then Ron writes:

> If you want my opinion, DONT.

What a strange answer.  The figures in GRW are grouped in posses of five,
because that's the way you play GRW.  I assume Ron's opinion is based on how
these minis didn't fit his needs for his roleplay sessions, in spite of Ron'
s "GRW" handle in his name.  And the new figures coming out are designed to
compliment the old figures, not replace them.

That being said, the selection of figures in GRW probably won't perfectly
match your needs as a roleplayer.  If you are looking to buy GRW as a cheap
source for roleplay minis, it'd probably be worth the trip for you to go to
your FLGS and look at them before you decide.

Tom Huntington
The Truth Is Yonder