[DL] Re: Massive Damage

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:53:18 -0700 (PDT)
> From: marshal_dude@excite.com
> Subject: Re: [DL] Massive Damage
>
> On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 23:17:57 -0400, deadlands@gamerz.net wrote:
>
> Whoah there partner...you've got the two systems confused.

Nope, I don't. What you said is what I said, just a longer version. What I
was wondering is if the damage should be applied multiple times. From what I
gathered from your post, this is the case. Thanks.

But the fact is, I do my damage a little different from Deadlands proper. I
look at the furthest radius and roll 1d20 damage to 1d6-x locations (where x
is what radius I'm working on). I then go to the next radius and add another
d20 worth of damage. This continues until I hit radius 1 where the explosion
has its full effect to 1d6 locations. This way the damage *always* increases
the closer you are to the source, no matter how many areas it affects.

Even if I roll no locations for damage (i.e. 1d6-2 and I get a 2) I make
people do a Vigor check at the TN of the total Damage in that radius. Let's
say it's 22 and they get a 9 on their check. They take the difference in
Wind (in this case, 13). If it knocks them out, they're winded. If they take
enough wind damage to put them at -6 wind (assuming a normal-sized person),
they take a wound to the Guts anyway. This loss doesn't continue past that
though, since they're not actually hurt from the blast, just winded and
knocked out. Of course, someone might take advantage of that, but that's
situational.

Basically, no one walks away from a dynamite blast in my game. }:^)

Sinister Dexter
sinisterdexter@mindspring.com