Re: [DL] D20 Book

>  I think that a d20 system would be very
> attractive, and that even the die hard Deadlands players will find some love
> in their harrowed hearts for it.

Agree here also. I don't see Pinnacle changing everything about
Deadlands, Hell on Earth, and Lost Colony simply to appeal to the d20
mechanics and fans. It's simply an opportunity to bring Deadlands to
other people that may have balked at it. Personally, I have heard a
number of excuses for not playing, the most common was "I don't like
games that need a handful of each of the different kinds of dice" [a
favorite excuse of a friend of mine.]

If it gets more people playing Deadlands and brings more money into
Pinnacle so that they can keep producing Deadlands, HoE, and LC, then
that's fine with me. I can say with confidence that they aren't going to
switch over to the d20 system or sell to WotC. Even with Hasbro backing
them, they don't have the clout to buy out every gaming company and they
can't just roll in and say "sell us your stock."

I blame Hasbro. But that's just me and it's a long-running feud I have
with them going all the way back to G.I. Joe.

Mike
--
"You know you've found the woman of your dreams when she says you can
'tap her mana'."