Re: [DL] A one-person posse

>The only published 1 player adventure I've ever seen
>was in T$R's Dungeon Magazine. (2E)

Actually, there have been a number of 1 player adventures.  TSR put out a
series of "Challenge" module (Thief's challenge, Cleric's challenge...) a
while back.  There was also a couple of 1 player adventures for West End
Games Star Wars RPG.
    As far as advice for designing a 1 PC adventure, I would recommend that
the
game be as tailored as possible to the PC (and player) in question.  For
once, you will know what the character will be and you will have an easier
time of predicting him.  Furthermore, a one-on-one session can allow for
much concentration on role playing.  Actually, such sessions should
concentrate on role playing rather than combat owing to the danger.  Read
the character's background for adventure hooks.  Ask the player if there is
anything in particular he would like to have his PC do.  Having gained this
information, then proceed to twist it all to hell!!!
          Daniel Gwyn
"You have a big heart...not as big as your mouth,  but
you have good feelings inside you"
    From the Frisco Kid