Re: [DL] DL MUSH

--- "B.D. Flory" <bflory@frontiernet.net> wrote:
> About a week back, someone posted something
> regarding a DL mush they were
> going to be putting together.  I looked in the
> archives, but I couldn't
> find anything?
>
> Anyone help me out?

Here's the e-mail:

Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 17:46:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: Scott Roberts <shayd@CYBERNEX.NET>
Block address To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: [DL] Call for MUSHCoders

Howdy, folks.

With the gracious permission of the folks at Pinnacle
(read: Shane Hensley), my fellow marshal Temporus and
m'self are now allowed to  create, build, and run a
TinyMUSH based on the Deadlands theme.

For those of you who don't know what a MUSH is, it's a
massively multiplayer free online text-based
roleplaying game.  MUSHes have been popular for a
while and probably will be for a long time since
they're
an interesting way of roleplaying.

We've got the server an' all set-up and have laid the
basic groundwork for how we're going to code things
like fate pots, etcetera.  We've decided we're
startin' with four different towns (Dodge City,
Denver, Cheyenne, and Santa Fe), altho' we might
expand in the future.

What we need, though, are folks with both Deadlands
experience and experience in softcoding (or
hardcoding) for MUSH or MUX.  We've got a lot of work
to do, and need some extra hands to help out.  We'll
need help
coding hexes and card/hand recognition, combat, fate
chips, etcetera.

If you're interested and have experience coding in
MUSH, please drop me a line.  If you're interested in
GMing/Marshalling or playing, when we're ready for
that phase of things I'll send out another email to
the list
so y'all can come on by and play!

--Marshal Shayd
--Deadlands MUSH
--www.weirdwest.net
(the address to login don't work yet :))