Re: [DL] Three Musketeers (was: Manitou Name) OT

Hi,
    The 1948 one had a little too much Gene Kelly footwork for my taste, but
then
that's neither here nor there.  A very entertaining modern version of the
whole
musketeer stories (IMHO) was the French "La Fille D'Artangnan" also released
on video with English subtitles as "the Revenge of the Musketeers".  (Then
again, I am fluent in French.)
Other 3 Musketteer movies:
-The 4 Musketeers (okay) and
-the Return of the Musketeers (not okay) (both featuring the same
cast as the 1973 version.)
-At Sword's Point (mid 50's)  notable for a female musketeer (good)
-Man in the Iron Mask (with Richard Chamberlain, 1970s, low musketeer
content)  (low key, but lovely to look at)
-Man in the Iron Mask (1990s with high musketeer content, but excess
Hollywood in the form of Leo, but excellent casting of Depardieu as Porthos)
The original novel(s) by Dumas show clear signs of padding (common to
serialized works in the 19th Cent) and are thus a bit disappointing by 20th
Century standards.
          Daniel Gwyn
"You have a big heart...not as big as your mouth,  but
you have good feelings inside you"