Re: [DL] Re: Weird North bumped AGAIN

HI guys,

First, understand that John doesn't ultimately decide these matters--I do. So
certainly don't blame him. He's fought to keep it on the schedule as hard as
he can. The truth is though, we just can't ask him to write 5 128 page
sourcebooks in 4 months (each one half as long as a small novel and twice as
much work because of the art/layout issues).

Our sales on individual books are low, so we're going to the new combined
format "Deadlands" that we discussed at the summer shows. I'll ask John to
repeat the new format change here so that the rest of you will know.

The goal is, that since our storylines were going to come together anyway, we
want to bring more people into the whole DL story--not just hte WW or HOE. So
we'll be combining material into one bimonthly sourcebook simply called
"Deadlands." There will be material for LC, HOE, WW, Great Rail Wars, and
even Doomtown inside. It's 128 pages and $20, just like before. THe Epitaph
will be discontinued. The lessons we learned there will be incorporated into
the new DL books.

We WILL still do occasional dedicated books for WW, HOE, and LC. And Great
Weird North may well be one of them. RIght now, we don't know. We know it
isn't coming out this year (the staff thought Black Circle was more important
and we could only fit one in).

To nip this in the bud, Lost Colony will come out as announced sometime early
next year (we're currently shooting for Feb.) It will have a players and
marshal's book, then there will be a full year's worth of independent books,
with supporting material in Deadlands (the combined book). Hell on Earth will
get at least the Denver book next year, and maybe more. Weird West will
likely see 2-3 independent books.

Thanks for your constructive criticism. It is much appreciated--and you are
being listened to. Please understand that hard decisions like these are
simply a matter of making sure we continue to stay in business and keep
making the absolute best games we know how.

Shane