Re: New Idea (was: Re: [DL] Combined format?$$$$$$$$$$ (GOFF))

In a message dated 09/24/2000 4:03:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
darklord@dark-sky.net writes:

> Here's what I would like to see them contain.
>  1.  Dime Novel (8 pages fiction, 8 pages Adventure, about the same size as
> they would be if they were half sized pages instead of full ones.)

An excellent idea as quite honestly I too really miss the story/adventure in
one Dime novels.

>  2.  Reader submitted stuff: Fiction, Adventures, Tables, artwork (this
would
>  cut down on your art costs), articles, critters, powers, so on and so forth
>  (around 32 pages)

This too is an excellent idea.

>  3.  What's happening in our world (4-8 pages) short summaries of what
> different posses around the world have been doing, maybe containing links
to peg's
> site that would contain the full stories.

Someone would need to make sure that stories posted here did not affect the
grand scheme of thingfs obviously (ie a story about gunslinger Bob or cowgirl
Josie shouldn't get printed if it contains them killing Stone, unless the
time is raight for that event to occur.)

>  4.  PEG's Topic of the Month, one or two features (36-40 pages total) on
>  different locations, AB's, and other stuff that people would love to see
in a
>  book, but isn't enough to get a full source book.

Absolutely.  Though honestly I think there are at least in Weird West, enough
ABs to go around.  I think if you keep adding more then you end up with two
problems.  AB power glut, (ie too many) or who is left in the world without
an AB?

>  5.  Articles (4-8 pages)  Tips for running better games, how to work
> different stuff into your games, general advice for marshals, maybe even an
"Ask the marshal" section (kind of like dear abby, but cool).

This would be cool too as I am always open to suggestions about style, mood,
how to avoid possible problems, and seeing that others deal with similar
problems that I too have experienced as a player and marhsal.

Overall I find this idea an excellent alternative to the current one
suggested by the staff at PEG.  It could be a good bit broader and thus
hopefully easier to make without draining all the ideas at once.  Hopefully
others will comment on your post as well.

Walt Carmichael