Re: New Idea (was: Re: [DL] Combined format? (GOFF))

Here's where I fall a bit off the PEG wagon.
I tend to but mainly HoE books, and not so much Weird West books.  This
has been because, until recently, I ran HoE excplusively.  I buy
Deadlands books that I think will have a fair amount of material that I
can use in a HoE game (like RVC 2).  Those books have at least, say, 50%
content that's relevant to HoE.  If I'm presented with a book that has
25% or less HoE-relevant material, I'd be as unlikely to buy it as I am
for any Weird West-only book.  I wouldn't spend $20 for a ten-page HoE
sourcebook, so I won't spend it for a 128 page book that only has ten
useful pages either.  I may be the only one who feels this way, but if
I'm not, the HoE players will probably slow down and/or stop buying new
material altogether.  Then you might as well only continue the Weird West
line. anyway.

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000 20:35:41 -0400 "John Goff" <JohnGoff@deadlands.com>
writes:

> Just so the record's straight--we're well aware that the biggest
> draw of our games is the Weird West. As such, it's fully intended to
get the
> lion's share of the combined sourcebook. I've no intention of an equal
33
> 1/3% split between the lines.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.