Re: [DL] Canada prices (Shane or John)

>>>Now, that last paragraph is merely supposition--I know nothing about how
>>>overseas distribution works. But I can dream...
>>
>>So? Then these must be nightmares!-), at least when speaking of local game
>>stores...
>>For oversea products there seam to be no standard prices. As an >>example,
>>mylocal store, having almost the monopol for RPGs around >>here sells the
>>D&D3 for
>>70 DM(~35$), whereas my online store (and the cheapest I know) sells >>it
>>for 38 DM (~18$ <---NO JOKE!!!). One $ is definitely more then 2 >>DM.
>>Okay that online store is really cheap, but that local game >>store is
>>REALLY expensive. For Deadlands products the difference is >>not as big,
>>but there is still one.
>

>I almost had a copy of Hol:buttery wholesomeness on ebay but the guy
>wouldn't ship outside of germany.  The last bid was like 30-45 DM >which
>translated to 3.25 or something.  The ammout was ludicrist, I >haven't
>checked the actual conversion rates, Ebay was very wrong.  I >guess.  Here
>is the rate according to the market 2.2382 DM per >dollar.  That isn't a
>whole lot, would mean 40 to 50 Dm for your >average sourcebook.
>
>Oversea's shipping on the otherhand....hoo boy don't even want to >think
>about it.
>
>Ronald conner

-Actually I live in Chun-Chon Korea (about 2 hours east of Seoul.)  And I
think ya all is goin' about buyin' these books the wrong way.  I figured it
up the other day and Hexarcana cost me $21.00 and Urban Renewal ran about
$15.33.  So I'm paying just over the cover price and that's including the
shipping.
So ya wanna know my secret?  Well then drop me a line (privately,) cuz I'm
not gonna post it on the list, (I could get sued, I think.)
Oh yeah, one last thing, I am an American citizen and I'm not sure if it
would work as well for Non-Americans, (Being as how the US Dollar is so
strong that the exchange rate is right in the toilet.) but it probably would
save ya some money.
Drop me a line,
Gus