RE: [DL] Hack and Slash Deadlands

>I know this is going to sound pathetic but the group that I am running no
>longer wants to think in thier scenarios. All they want is Hack and Slash
>Deadlands. So what I am asking is has anyone out there run any hack and
>slash deadlands and if so can you give me some ideas.

Easy.  Start thinking like a player.  Min/Max bad guys until you're heart is
content!  Plus, you are unencumbered by silly things like rules when
creating these Combat Monsters (tm).  If this is the type of game the
players want, then bring it at them!  However, at this point you need to
change your mindset.  As Marshal your job is no longer "Facilitate telling a
great group story," but rather "Kill, 'em all, let them come back harrowed,
and kill 'em again"  Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending upon your
mindset), at this point the game becomes more of a "Me against them"
pseudo-wargame, than an RPG, so you need to be prepared for it.

Also, don't sweat out the details, anymore.  They won't notice that the
Bartender is left-handed, so don't even consider it...
I've played (on both sides of the screen) in these types of games.  As a
player, if it is what you are looking for, you don't want the Marshall to
bore you with the details.  Just railroad me and get me into combat,
dagnabit!
As a Marshal, if I know this is what the players are expecting, It will only
frustrate me if I go through a lot of trouble to create a detailed scenario,
and all the players want to do is kill stuff..

If this isn't what you want to do as a Marshal, tell the players, and maybe
you can work out some common ground, but don't forget it is not just your
game...

Patrick