Re: [DL] Law Dogs, Bullards etc. (Steve Long)

> -- ANTIQUE GUNS, by John Traister, lists a bunch of Bullard rifles,
> including one specifically identified as the Bullard Express Rifle, in
> .50-95-300 caliber.  Sadly, it does not list a magazine size or date of
> manufacture, but it does indicate that some other Bullard rifles had an
> "11-shot full magazine," and seems to indicate the company didn't get started
> until the mid to late 1880s.  It also indicates that some Bullard rifles were
> chambered for the unique .50-115 Bullard caliber.

True. The .50 Sharp's round was a pretty long shell, which is the reason
it only held one [and was .50-90, IIRC.]

The .50 Bullard round was much shorter. IIRC, about 2 inches long, as
compared to the longer .50 rounds, which were three or four inches
[maybe some longer.]

I dropped the damage code on the Bullard in my game to reflect this and
made Bullard ammo harder to come by.

Mike
--
"You know you've found the woman of your dreams when she says you can
'tap her mana'."