[DL] Trigger fingerless gunslingers and fanning

Hi all,
    A day or two ago a question was raised whether one could fan a pistol without a trigger finger.  The answer is actually yes, provided one has modified
the pistol before hand.  I read recently about a would be gunslinger who modified his pistol for fanning only by removing the trigger mechanism entirely.  Thus, when he pulled back the hammer, there was nothing to hold it back.  Admittedly, I read this in a novel, but, it strikes me that there is nothing particularly complicated in making such a modification.
    BTW, it brings a new definition of agony with regards to itchy trigger fingers.  Now the hombre has an itch he can't scratch!
          Daniel Gwyn
"You have a big heart...not as big as your mouth,  but
you have good feelings inside you"
    From the Frisco Kid