Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20001004-1

 >    But a splash of added realism can add to things too. That's why we have
 >Law Dogs with its dozens of interesting historical handcannons.

I remember when a couple of my players were talking about how the game is
unrealistic in this, and unrealistic in that, and so I threatened to bust
out the Phoenix Command system and use it instead.

That ended those grumblings RIGHT away.

"Okay, after aiming for 1.3 seconds, he has a 54% chance to hit
you.  <roll> He does.  Ballistic time of flight at this range is .21
seconds, which is still before your next action. He hits you in the
<checking the d1000 hit location chart> left knee.  Cross-indexing the
weapon's damage class and penetration at this range means that the round
shatters your patella and over-penetrates.  Now, let's check for
knockdown.  The over-penetration means that the KD factor of the round is
halved. . . "

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/deadlands/index.html

Why did the chicken cross the road?
Jack Kerouac:
The chicken hipster, high on tea and the soul groves of Charlie (the bird)
Parker, strolled aimlessly on the road looking for his dharma.