[DL] Re: The black circle

----- Original Message ----- >
> Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2000 17:39:41 -0500
> From: chris@pre-press.com
> Subject: Re: [DL] Re: The black circle

> Yeah, I own one that's simply a series of essays written about the
> actual Necronomicon, and whether or not it exists, and if it does,
> whether or not it's just a book written by an Arabic man who'd been
> hitting the wacky weed a bit much.

It doesn't exist. Abdul Al-Hazarad didn't exist. Abdul is not even an Arabic
name. It means "slave" or "slave of." In other words, people don't name
their children such things. Which is why, to keep the mythos up, people now
refer to him as just "Abd."

> Unless you're willing to dedicate the time to actually researching the
> /real/ necronomicon (or it's existence), you should read any
> mass-published versions with a skeptical eye.

And be prepared to deal with people who laugh uncontrollably at you for
researching a book Lovecraft made up for effect.

Sinister Dexter
sinisterdexter@mindspring.com