Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20001004-1

"Zachariasen, Nick" wrote:

> > "Okay, after aiming for 1.3 seconds, he has a 54% chance to hit
> > you.  <roll> He does.  Ballistic time of flight at this range is .21
> > seconds, which is still before your next action. He hits you in the
> > <checking the d1000 hit location chart> left knee.  Cross-indexing the
> > weapon's damage class and penetration at this range means that the round
> > shatters your patella and over-penetrates.  Now, let's check for
> > knockdown.  The over-penetration means that the KD factor of the round
> > is halved. . . "
>
> Man, I *STILL* drool when I think about this.  I love specificity :) .
>
> Nick "Shane gave me a white chip Friday in HoE when I declared that I was
> 'panning for spleen'" Zachariasen

>         unsubscribe deadlands

And here is bullet number two coming up and we are already two hours into the
game...

    Okay.... lets see..the round travels at 3600 fps and penetrates the left
side of the head.. Lets see.. rolls dice.. Oh! 00! Twice.. Freak wind shear..
Bullet rotates and now enters knee above patella and shatters bone.. chance of
bullet deforming.. 99%.. 00! Bullet is unmarked.!! Wow!
    Bullet now bounces up and hits Texas governors wrist...roll for.. hmm wait a
second.... its all becoming clear!!
    <US President killed by Complicated Rules Conspiracy!>
    -I thought it was a game- Confused Gm says.....
--
David Heth
"Sniper rifles have been known to cause Spontaneous Brain Rejection(SBR) at