Re: [DL] Doomtown

------Original Message------
From: The Baron Samedi <baron11@netmcr.com>
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Sent: November 9, 2000 8:25:46 PM GMT
Subject: Re: [DL] Doomtown

At 03:12 PM 11/9/2000, you wrote:
> > Since AEG will be no longer producing new cards for Doomtown as of Do
Unto
> > Others, are there any even remote plans for Pinnacle to produce the game
> > even down the line?
>
>I can't answer that, but (personal opinion) I'd say if AEG was dropping it
>because it wasn't profitiable, it wouldn't be the smartest business move
for
>us to pick it up.
>
>However, I'm not privvy to all the ins and outs, so there may be a way to
do
>it that I'm unaware of...
>
>Later!
>
>John

I missed that announcement.  So is the story just stopping then?

Da Baron
Well the press release just got out today a little after 1 PM.
From what Steve Crow one of the writers said they would be wrapping up most
of the tory in the next set. Below Is the intial press release.

DO UNTO OTHERS

AN EXPANSION FOR THE DOOMTOWN CCG

Do Unto Others has been turned into a conclusion set for the Doomtown
CCG.  We are both sad and happy to announce the final expansion of the
Doomtown CCG.  We are sad because Doomtown is one of our babies and has been
a big part of the CCG market for many years.  It is tough to create a
conclusion to a product, which has been such a big part of our company for
so
many years.
We are happy because we have the unique opportunity to offer fans of the
Doomtown game a wonderful conclusion set.  Do Unto Others will be a 199 card
set which players can purchase for $49.95.  The set will come in an 800
count Doomtown card box and will include a coupon for 1 fee box of boosters
for Doomtown or one of the other AEG CCG's.  Players will get what would
normally
cost them over $200.00 for just $49.95
The choice to end the Doomtown CCG was strictly a financial one.  We have
tried since the release of the Boothill basic set to get Doomtown up to a
profitable sales level and while popular with it's core following has been
unable to gain a new following of enough players to allow us to keep
producing the game.
We will however continue to support Doomtown through 2001.  A few of the
things we will be doing:

In store leagues with great product prizes
Tournaments at all of the major conventions we attend.
We are going to divide up all of the new and old promo cards we have in
stock and send them out to our fan club members
Tournament kit for retail stores
Special product offers to stores through our distributors who want to keep
supporting Doomtown.

The Do Unto Others conclusion set will be available in January of 2001.  If
you have any questions please call the AEG offices at (909) 390-5444.

Thank you

John Zinser
AEG