Re: [DL] Re: Product updates

In a message dated 11/30/2000 4:40:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
toadpooka@juno.com writes:

Yeah, I think that either Raid on Roswell or High Noon had the same
problem when I printed them.  Of course, I followed the same logic:
free=no complaints, as long as I can read 'em.
Funny thing, though, I have seen printed copies of both that looked fine.
Perhaps it varies from machine to machine somehow.

Wellllll...it has nothing to do with what you paid. The art is high-res here,
but when we convert it to a .pdf, we downsample it so the size of the
document shrinks from about 44 megs to 7 megs. (For the Back East books, at
least.)

What we've decided to do is put up both sizes. THose of you with faster
connections (or a lot of patience) can download the high-res books, and
vice-versa. You *should* check your own printer settings first, however. At
least a couple of people who have called in had their printer set to "draft"
quality.

Shane