Re: [DL] Re: Product updates [D&D OT]

--- doyle erin west <westfam@the-i.net> wrote:
> ummm I hate to say it, but all the other Fantasy
> games try their hardest to
> be D&D.  They might be better system wise, but
> nothing beats D&D for setting
> info.

I totally disagree.  Personally, I'm a fan of generic
or meta-systems, and therefor play Champions as my
primary game (other than DeadLands).  Hero's Fantasy
setting is very different from D&D's.  I think the
confusion here is not being able to seperate FANTASY
(elves, dwarves, magic, dragons) elements from D&D
elements (which everyone can list better than I can,
but the specific races and magical items of notoriety
come to mind).

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen