Re: [DL] poisons and toxins.

In a message dated 12/7/00 9:47:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
marshalron@hotmail.com writes:

<< I need a good guide to poisons.  Either RPG based or real world.  If
anyone
 has any recomendations or ideas about what books I might look for it would
 be very welcome. >>

    Your best bet for gaming, far and away, is *DEADLY DOSES: A Writer's
Guide To Poisons,* by Sarita Stevens.  Not only is it well organized, easy to
understand, and informative, it has a bunch of handy appendices organizing
poisons by various categories (methods of administration, symptoms, etc.).
Thus, if you need for your game a poison that turns people blue, you can
check the appendix under "Symptoms -- Skin Coloration -- Blue" to find just
the thing. }:)

Steve Long