Re: [DL] Hucksters - Joker Question

Ronald Conner wrote:

> > > Whoa!  What was that about reshuffling when you hit a
> > > joker?  I thought hucksters reshuffle between every
> > > spell which is why they use a separate deck from the
> > > combat action deck?  Did I miss something?  If I did
> > > could you please cite the page number in the Revised
> > > Edition books that states this.  Thanks.
> >
> >You're right.  You reshuffle after every hex cast.
> >
> >Nick Zachariasen
>
> When did that come up.  I've always played from the notion that hexslingers
> kept plugging away at the same deck until something kicked...like the black
> joker.  It gave spellcasting that odd edge, you knew it was going to happen
> it was just a matter of time.  Reshuffleing after every spell seems to take
> all the fun out of it for me.
>
> Ron C

You know I saw that as completely different. The fact that you could pull the
joker on each and _every_ attempt was what made the Huckster so edgy. The idea
that a manitou encounter is simply a matter of inevitable mathmatics seems to
pat for me. Plus, as one of the only really balanced AB's (IMHO), the Huckster
doesn't need a guaranteed backlash to keep 'em cautious. The balance thing
refers to HoE mainly.
--
David Heth
"Sig wha'?