Re: [DL] what other campaign books are their apart from devil's t ower?

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 10:11:46AM +0100, DEHAIS Bertrand said:
> I can think of three other campaign books : Canyon o' doom, Bloody ol' muddy
> and Ghost Busters.
> I read them but havent't run any of them yet. Note that Canyon o' doom is
> set to occur before the Devil's tower trilogy, and Ghost Busters afterwards
> (IIRC).

 *runs upstairs to double-check*

 The Devil's Tower trilogy kicks off in late 1876 (the Tombstone Epitaph
 article to be handed to the players is dated October 10th, 1876), whereas
 Canyon o' Doom is set in the summer of 1877.

 If it's just printed adventure scenarios you're looking for, a number of the
 sourcebooks out there (Hucksters & Hexes, Fire & Brimstone, umm, probably a
 few others) have adventures in them - oh yeah, and the revised Marshal's
 Guide has one that went down well with my posse.  Also, there's some good
 stuff on the Web - Pinnacle's website especially has some groovy free
 scenarios, as well as the stuff you can ('t) download for a fee.  And if
 you can track down the Dime Novels of yore, they also have adventures in
 them.

> Lost Angels is a good sourcebook, but I'd recommend the Great Maze boxed set
> first. It already provides a good deal of info on Lost Angels, and much much
> more. Must be my favourite setting sourcebook.

 I'll drink to that.  You get a bucketload of info on all of California,
 including Lost Angels and Shan Fan, as well as a couple of maps, some cute
 boats to put your figures on if you use figures, an adventure scenario called
 Pass The Salt, and rules for martial artists (which are improved upon in
 Hexarcana, but they'll get you by, certainly).

 Good luck...

 Wishkah

--
       | This is pointless and will only promote in-jokes and cliquism.|

Sillicon: 6th, 7th and 8th of April 2001.
  http://sillicon.redbrick.dcu.ie/