Re: [DL] newbie

Sorry.  Should have specified.  I'll be the Marshal, most likely.
    Heh.  In that case, I advocate getting _every_ book.  However, I can offer an opinion for the order:
First get  the Core Rulebook, Law Dogs, Hexarcana and Rascals, Varmints & Critters I & II.  Next, I'd get the sourcebooks for whatever Arcane Backgrounds your players want to run.  If they're going to play a preacher, Fire & Brimstone.  A huckster, get Hucksters & Hexes.  After you have all that, I'd fill in the gaps at your leisure with whatever books are left over.  I usually don't bother with the adventure modules, but the Marshal's Screen is a definite bonus.
    Hope that helps a little, and welcome to our little party. ;-)