Re: [DL] newbie

Hi, Ricky. First off, welcome aboard. I think you'll
find a lot of friendly Marshals and players on this
listserv. Be sure to ask all the questions you want,
and feel free to comment. I've found some of the best
adventures I've ever run with my posse have been
inspired by folks on this list.

Now, for starters, you should probably pick up the
Players Guide and the Marshal's guide books. After
giving them a read through, see if a location jumps
out at you. There are setting books like the Great
Maze boxed set (my personal favorite) or The City of
Gloom boxed set (Salt lake city area), River of Blood
(New Orleans area), and so on. Find a place that you'd
like running stories from. Ask the folks that you'll
be playing with as well, since they'll be the ones
running through everything you toss their way.

Everything outside those two core books is optional,
but I'll warn you that there is a lot of cool stuff in
the other books.

A good path after the core, is a setting boxed set or
book, then if you want, get a book that expands on the
archetypes, like Hucksters and Hexes or Fire and
Brimstone. They add some cool stuff to the game and
most have adventures in the back, as well.

Anyway, if you have any other questions, please ask.

Have fun!
Mark M.