Re: [DL] newbie

Thanks, Sean.

Ricky

----- Original Message -----
From: Seanchai
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 10:53 AM
To: 'INTERNET:deadlands@gamerz.net'
Subject: RE: [DL] newbie

   At the time we started playing Deadlands this summer, I had just the
first edition rulebook. Since then, I've filled out my collection quite a
bit. Here's what I would recommend: get the two hardback core rulebooks,
then Rascals, Varmits, & Critters I. With those, you could run a pretty
decent game.
   If you wanted to continue on, I'd recommend Cardstock Cowboys and maybe
some of the "splatbooks." I found Hucksters and Hexes and Smith & Robards
to be more useful than Fire and Brimstone and Ghost Dancers. All of the
books add to those specific character types, but I thought the first two
had more stuff that a) was that different from what was in the core
rulebooks and b) that I didn't already know or couldn't make up myself
easily.
   As for Cardstock Cowboys, I really like them. They're a way to have a
bunch of Deadlands minis without shelling out hundreds of dollars. And they
stand up and work well. Problems: its a little time consuming to put them
together, but if you do it on the basis of need and have the players do
their own, it's not too bad.
   I also have Boomtowns for use with my Cardstock Cowboys and like it as
well. Only get this one if you've got the money and want to spend it on
Deadlands, though, as you can easily draw your own maps on the battlegrid
you probably already own.

   About HTML and MSN: Try posting in Arial 10 point and nothing else.
That's what AOL has been telling it's ver 6.0 users to do when they
asked/complained about always sending mail in HTML.

              Seanchai

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic
pictures." - George W. Bush, President elect and Time magazine's Person of
the Year