Re: [DL] newbie [ot]

"Daphne Brunelle" <dbrune4@po-box.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> Sheesh, is there anyone else on this list who's not old enough to know what
> you people are talking about?
>
> The eighties are a blur of nursery rhymes to me... ;-)
>
> Daphné "Suddenly feeling far too young for this list"

You know, I have to put up with this from her every game (and occasionally
in between).  References to eighties pop culture, why That 70s Show is
funny, music (she didn't know who David Bowie was until I made her go look
recently.  DAVID FREAKIN' BOWIE!!!), and all delivered with this
delightfully innocent blank stare when we older members of the group
reminisce.

In a vain effort to drag this on-topic, how do you get someone like this to
appreciate the subtle differences...  Aw Hell, I got nothin'.
--
Ross Coburn
coburn@sympatico.ca