Re: [DL] stun, wind, and quickness rolls

Ricky Gray wrote:

> Obligatory newbie warning...
>
> Ran through a simple combat scene with one of my posse last night in order
> to learn and teach the mechanics.  Here's some things that are not very
> clear to me:
>
> 1)  Quickness rolls -<snip> Thus i
> have assumed that the rule means "1 card plus 1 card for success and 1 card
> for each raise (max 5)."  Am i right?

This statement is correct

> 2)  Stun rolls - when wounded and rolling for stun, is the roll handled like
> a normal trait/aptitude roll - i.e., take the high die?

Correct, High die.

> 3)  Wind rolls - when wounded and rolling Xd6 for wind loss with X being the
> wound level (btw, is that the 'just inflicted' wound level or the overall
> worst wound level?), is the roll treated like a trait/aptitude roll (with
> aces), or is it like damage where all dice are added together (with aces)?

think of it as "take a d6 of wind for every wound caused, at the time the wound
happens.  And it is treated like damage... added... with aces.

> Thanks for the help you all continue to give.  We are starting our first
> campaign very soon.  I've already written separate prologues for each posse
> member (2) and emailed them to them (trying to whet appetites:)).  If you
> like, I'll send you a copy so you can critique my work.

Send along, we love to read, it'll give us something to read while waiting for
the next release.

> Thanks again,
>
> Ricky

No problem, seems most of what you thought to be correct was.  Keep up the good
work.

--D