Re: [DL] Mad Scientists

Man....... Hittin' that $@##$ button twicw kinda makes ya look stupid, huh?
  Sorry.

Well.......... I can tell ya what I do.

>>How do you balance invention time with adventure time?<<

The MS in my Posse makes his designs on his own time.... i.e. outside the
usual game... and then we do all the rolls together when necessary.  Then,
anyting related to the outcome of all this (new gagdets, dementia, etc.) we
work in as the 'timeline' of the game allows..... i.e. after the character
returns home / to a proper place and has the proper amount of time to
accomplish what has been done via game mechanics.     Any dementia gained is
worked in as I see fit in the next game / adventure.

>>What are some ways to keep the MS character playable but yet still not
quite
normal?<<

I guess that would depend on what you might call "playable".     Some might
think that an MS that manages to invent several gizmos without a dementia or
problem to be a "problem"..... I don't, but you might.     As to what I
think?   I let the MS in my Posse try to get away with whatever he wants to
try..... after all, within certain limits, I, as Marshall, get to set the TNs
or hands needed.     My only 'advice' on this question would be...."whatever
YOU feel comfortable with".

One thing that you mentioned....... I don't let the MS in my Posse buy off
any dementia he gets from 'inventing' with bounty.     In my opinion, ya
rolls th dice, ya takes ya chances.     Live with the results, good OR bad.
  I know that might sound kind of harsh, but that's just the way I do it.

My two bits.......

Two Gun Mojo
SASS #30412
"I got my mojo workin'"