[DL] They went down The Road to Hell..... [SPOILERS]

....and they didn't come back.

Git, player-face! Spoilers follow

I said, git!

There we are. OK, I sent my posse down the Road to Hell (the first part of
the Devils Tower triology), and at the end, they didn't make the cut. They
defeated Casper Zed, Zik and Walter Hot Iron, then while the rest of the
posse bandaged some wounds and such, the Voodooist and the Kid went upstairs
to find the Heart of Darkness.

Naturally, Marshal Rex and his undead waited for them, and Elvira hit them
in the back. The rest of the group followed, but it was too late. The
Gunslinger and the Doc were slain outright, and the rest winded. They
managed to wind Elvira, and kill two undead, but that was all. The Kid is
just winded, the Voodooist and the Undertaker are bleeding to death.

Now, any ideas what happens next? I feel it's a little rotten to just let
them die. They still have their Harrowed Marshal and Indian Brave that can
save them, and their Metal Mage (Metal Mage player is almost never there and
the Marshal and the Brave doesn't cooperate very well). I can see that Rex
might do two things:

1. Git the Hell out of Dodge, and take Elvira with him (since he is found
out, it is pretty stupid to stay), then ambush the party later. But if he
does, it is just plain silly if he doesn't kill the fallen. He might be in a
rush to get Elvira to a doctor.....

2. Stop their bleedin' and take 'em prisoner, so that Elvira can torture
them later. This gives the Marshal time to stage a rescue, but I feel that
it isn't quite.... natural for Rex to do it this way.

Any input on the situation?

Marshal Ole I. Stene