[DL] Armor rulings

Greetings to You, Ladies & Gentlemen,

First of all, I want to express my thanks to all, who answered my armor &
firearms questions. You are a fine lot, folks!

Also, I want to provide some clarifications about that "armored problem"
that stuck me last session:-)

Idea of wearing breastplate comes from three different sources:

1) PEG official. Deacon Miller protect himself with iron plates sewn into
heavy coat, what gives him equivalent armor 2, on upper guts, lower guts and
gizzards. (Law Dogs)

2) Historical XVII-XVIII century. Anyone probably saw those breastplates,
that Spanish soldiers weared. They weren't very cumbersome - In fact, full
knightly armor weighted about 50 pounds, so given breatsplate could weight
considerably less.

3) Western movies:-) When I discovered Deadlands, I instantly went on a
Western spree. In these movies, I saw bullets stopped cold by iron-plated
bible, steel canteen or metal plate worn over the heart. I am perfectly
aware, that most westerns are pure fantasy, but werewolves are fantasy
too...

1+2+3=idea, that simple steel breastplate would stop at least some bullets.
Gunslinger in question, ordered such a piece of rather archaic armor from a
renowned blacksmith in New Orlean.

After a long battle with myself (I'am losing such battles frequently;-) i
decided that her armor will get her 1 armor point over torso area, but will
need repair after each one or two shots, will also get her 2 point penalty
for most Nimbleness and some Deftness actions. I can only hope, that this
will suffice;-)

Sincerely Yours

Tomasz F Misiorek

---
sprawdz sekcje sercowa i wyslij za naszym posrednictwem swoja WALENTYNKE
 http://www.promocja.kki.pl/walentynki/walentynki.html
---