Re: [DL] Ghost Rock

> So, in Smith & Robards, it mentions that most mad scientists don't like
> the words 'mad scientist" or "ghost rock," because they convey a negative
> image.  Usually, mad scientists are referred to as "practitioners of the
> New Science" or somesuch, but what would be a good euphamism for ghost
> rock?  a sort of "politically correct" term that you'd use in polite
> society?

Well, this probably wouldn't help the negative connotations, but if you
wanted to name it as a mineral based on its combustive properties, you could
call it Luciferium or Luciferite (I think Luciferium sounds better, but
Luciferite may be better for an ore).

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times