RE: [DL] Ghost Steel Metallurgy 101

--- "McKay, Ashley" <Ashley.McKay@dva.gov.au> wrote:
> I once created a 'class' of weapons for a group to combat a creature
> that
> was essentially immune to EVERYTHING except what I called 'blooded'
> weapons.
>
> These were weapons that had been created in a very specific, very
> rare
> manner that required LOTS of blood, and not just any blood, it had to
> be the
> blood of the intended wielder.   For the most powerful weapons,
> something
> like 30 LITRES of blood was required, meaning that in game it would
> take
> about a year to accumulate enough blood to manufacture a kick ass
> weapon.

Ahem, I'd like to add the word "safely" to that time table.  The human
body _can_ go without several litres of blood at a time, I just don't
reccomend it.  And if you do have to go without a litre or two more
than is reccomended, don't expect to do any heavy work like oh, say
"sitting up" or "changing your own bedpan" for a good while.

-Bryce