Re: [DL] GRW Ships! [Shane]

In a message dated 4/11/2001 3:28:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Paul.Wilson@po-box.esu.edu writes:

   With regard to the auto fire rules have you considered anything like
the old GDW DarkCon system? Roll a D6 (or Dx) for each bullet fired with
each "6" hitting something in the target area (actually there is more to it
than that but that's the basics).  It does require a lot of dice rolling but
I do sort of like the "who cares about skill when you're using a lead hose"
aspect of the system. Of course it's not as useful for smaller "controlled"
bursts. Just a thought.

Paul

We did but the problem with that game was that skill meant nothing.  Those of
us who have fired lots of full-auto weapons know that skill is very important
when firing full-auto.

As for GRW, you won't go blind if you don't buy it, but you'll probably lose
one complete eye. ;) Seriously, I certainly won't tell you you have to buy
it--the major changes are incorporated in High Noon. You will probably *want*
it however as there have been subtle tweaks throughout.

Shane